I'm tired today--too tired to even post pictures, and yet I still have to post something because it's November and I am posting every single day this month. But today, today I need your help, because I'm tired and I don't feel like being creative or thinking about some story to share or writing about my thoughts on anything like that. I want you to share something with me. I'd love to know a little about the people who read this site. Some of you comment and I follow links back to your sites and learn a little that way, but the majority of you do not comment, have never commented, and yet I know you're out there. I see in my stats there are readers in Canada, Korea, Japan, France, and all over the states. So who are you?
If you would be so kind to just answer the three following questions so I can get an idea (feel free to invent and answer any additional questions):
1. Where do you live?
2. What's the weather like right now?
3. What was the highlight of your weekend?
and here's a bonus questions, just because:
4. Do you celebrate Thanksgiving, and if so, what are your plans for Thanksgiving next week, or what is your favorite Thanksgiving memory?
And, just to be fair, I'll answer the same questions:
1. Hell's Kitchen, Midtown, Manhattan, New York
2. It was a gorgeous, cool, crisp fall afternoon, but the sun is setting now and the temps are dropping a bit.
3. All of Friday night was pretty great. Drew and I met the friend of his at a place in the Lower East Side called Mama's, where we ate a buffet-style dinner, fed the juke box all night and drank lots of beer to keep warm. I really like his friend a lot--she reminds me of some of the girlfriends I miss in Chicago. Her boyfriend met up with us later in the night after he got off work and we continued drinking until we decided to go back to their place in Brooklyn where they have their very own karaoke machine! They also had a a whole plastic pumpkin of leftover halloween candy, a full bar, and a big bag of sun chips, and a
doxen dachshund who waddles around the apartment carrying his food bowl in his mouth, so it was all pretty great. This afternoon's been pretty awesome, too--I jogged in Central Park, baked a pie, read the New York Times style section and nursed a White Russian while Drew did some writing. So, yeah, I guess the whole weekend was a highlight.
4. My sister's coming to visit for 4 days over Thanksgiving. And just before her visit, my friend Chad is coming from Chicago for a couple of days befcore he goes to Conn. for Thanksgiving, so it's going to be a whole week of guests and fun and exploring the city and I'm really looking forward to it!
(When you're reading the comments, make sure you click the little arrow at the end of each page of comments to take you to the next. I almost missed it!)